Inspection & Repair
With over 45 years of experience engineering and manufacturing wheels, RIMEX understands the importance of maintenance and inspection to ensure maximum safety and productivity.
Removal & Inspection
inspection & repair process
- Visual inspection for mechanical and wear damage
- Visual and dimensional inspection of inner and outer diameters
- Removal of paint and corrosion through high-impact peening or blasting
- Non-destructive testing to inspect and evaluate all wheel materials, components and integrated systems
- Testing methods include magnetic particle inspection, Magna flux, X-ray, and ultrasound
- Comprehensive report detailing all findings and highlighting areas of concern
- Photographic evidence
- Customer reviews report and approves any recommended work before repairs take place
- Replacement of damaged or deteriorated section to OEM specifications or better, as authorized by customer
- Painting of components to as-new quality with direct-to-metal coating with rust inhibitors to extend the life of the finish
don’t scrap it… repair it!
With rigorous and reliable inspection and repair procedures, RIMEX enables customers to carry on their work cycles and conduct business without interruptions or unplanned down time. The procedures are preventive, cost-effective and indispensable for workflow continuity, cost accountability, and safety of personnel.
SCRAP IT OR REPAIR IT? US MINE SAVES $50,000!
Could there be gold in your wheel scrap pile? RIMEX Repair Experts think so. During a recent visit to a mine in Nevada, a RIMEX […]
THE 5 WHEEL COMPONENTS YOU SHOULD BE INSPECTING
In operation, all rim and wheel assemblies are subjected to loads and forces which can lead to structural fatigue and cracking. If cracks are left […]
STUD AND NUT TENSION AND CONTROLLED BOLTING
Maintaining Tension Let’s look at the stresses that affect a wheel and its studs. We want to know how wheels are attached and how to […]
…if a truck is worth $1,200 to $1,500 per hour in operation, then the cost savings are approximately $1 million. Investing in the TyreSense TPMS quickly recoups its cost and realizes considerable savings into the future.
The mine tire manager then turned to his RIMEX representative, who proposed an innovative solution to narrow the stock wheels. This strategy was agreed upon, and within three weeks the new wheels were delivered to the mine, at a dramatically lower cost of $19,966.00 per truck!
The total elapsed time from the initial incident to restored service was just two hours. TyreSense and a quick-acting contractor preserved an expensive loader tire and minimized valuable down time.
We have now had TyreSense operational in the business for approximately four months and have seen lots of cost and safety advantages in our fleet.
…all of our large rear dump trucks and loaders are fitted with TyreSense which has proven to be a very reliable system that gives good information and allows us to track tyre performance, extend tyre life and monitor circuit conditions.
Analysis of standard maintenance and service tasks on the wheels revealed an impressive 43% time-saving for the RIMEX DGS/IGLR series. As well, the results of the testing pronounced RIMEX wheels 18% more efficient overall.