Senior Web Application Developer
RIMEX is a global company that manufactures and distributes Rims and Wheels for heavy machinery used on mining trucks and other industrial vehicles. RIMEX has been in business for over 36 years and has grown substantially in the last five years.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Web Application Developer to join our Victoria, BC based development team, to help us in architecting and delivering the next generation of asset management products for the global mining and industrial markets. You’ll be accountable for business-critical applications and systems, using your passion, vast skills, and proven experience to deliver quality products that go beyond customer expectations.
Education and Experience:
- Completed post secondary education in computer science related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years of software development experience, at least 5 years of which have been focused on the development of ASP.NET and TSQL-related web applications
- Excellent skills in ASP.NET and C#.NET technologies
- In-depth experience working with SQL Server and TSQL, including the use of tools for synchronization, deployment, profiling, and optimization
- Extensive experience with version control and defect management systems such as Subversion and JIRA
- Proven experience and knowledge developing applications using architectural and design patterns and best practices (agile and scrum)
- Understanding the importance of and are well versed with various Quality Assurance techniques (Unit Testing, Integration Testing, etc.)
- Experience working with and designing systems (using multi-lingual and multi-currency is desirable)
- Enjoy working with a tight-knit team and are comfortable collaborating with senior level stakeholders
- Passion for quality and continuous improvement of processes and software, well versed with software engineering practices
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Must value teamwork, collaboration and be achievement driven
- Self motivated
- Strong attention to detail
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.